Upcoming online training and events
MASN online training:
- Afterschool Directors’ Meeting:
- This session is for program directors and will include updates from MASN, a presentation from an afterschool program about their COVID-19 closure work, Q&A, and optional discussion groups.
- We are going to use the same Zoom link for the next 5 weeks. Please register in advance for this meeting, the system will generate a link specific to you, and you will have an option to add the series of meetings to your calendar: click here to register. The session will be held on Wednesdays from 10 to 11:00 a.m.
- Connect and Learn:
- This session will provide an opportunity for afterschool professionals to learn what is happening with programs around the state as well as space to connect in conversation with others in the field. The topics we will discuss in this session are virtual programming ideas, how to serve your community and resources for afterschool programs during social distancing. Come learn and brainstorm with your colleagues from across Missouri!
- Register: Please register in advance for this training using this link. Once you register, the system will generate a workshop link specific to you, and you will have an option to add the Zoom session to your calendar: click here to register. The session will be held Wednesdays from 3 to 4:15 p.m.
Handouts from previous meetings and training:
- Resources – 5 selected resources for 4-1-20 grantee zoom training
- VentureLab Youth Entrepreneurship Training Deck_MASN April 2020
Online training from other sources:
- Virtual National Championship
- We are excited to announce that this July, Learn Fresh will be hosting our first-ever NBA Math Hoops Virtual National Championship! This Virtual National Championship will be an opportunity to celebrate our students and families from across the country and honor their hard work learning from home. Students and their family members will go head to head in a series of Math Hoops games facilitated by the Learn Fresh staff in the style of March Madness. The Virtual National Championship is open to students in all regions, so apply today for your chance to be selected for this exciting virtual event series!
- The event will be held through June and July. Click here to apply.
- Online Youth Work Methods Training
- The Weikart Center has a temporary offer through 6/30/20 for no-cost online Youth Work Methods training. If you would like your staff to participate, each individual needs to complete the form requesting access to the Online Youth Work Methods. Request access by completing this form. Please note: It may take approximately a week or more to process the request and have access to the online training.
- Professional Development Courses from Foundation for a Brighter Future
- The Foundation is offering three different free on-demand professional development training for staff. Topics include literacy, community and academics. Click here to access the training.
- YFY Free Online Courses and Webinars
- This U.S. Department of Education website was designed with 21st CCLC programs in mind – but the courses are free for the public! With fifteen-course topics ranging from Human Resources and Strategic Partnerships to Literacy and Family Engagement, there’s something here for everyone.
- Cox Campus Free Online Courses
- The Cox Campus is offering over twenty different high-impact evidence-based online courses, with a special focus on early literacy and brain development. Parents and educators can also discover a wealth of resources for kids from birth to third grade to supplement the video courses.
- Professional Development with VentureLab
- Immerse yourself in the VentureLab Entrepreneurial Mindsets and Skillsets to grow your own practice and learn how VentureLab activities teach creativity, idea generation, and design thinking along with entrepreneurship, market research, business models, and idea pitching. Information on training costs and registration can be here.
- Consult 4 Kids
- Consult 4 Kids is offering free online courses that last from 7 hours to more than 40 hours. Courses include videos, e-Books, and quizzes to help in retaining the information. Courses for Exemplary Performance include C4K’s Nifty 9 which covers safety, professionalism, managing the environment, behavior guidance, positive discipline, transitions, debriefing, holistic instruction, and direct and tell versus questioning to connection. Other C4K courses focus on quality program elements within our Super 7 and Elite 8 formats. We have 12 courses to choose from. Click here to request a course via email.
- National Ag in the Classroom
National Ag in the Classroom just announced its national conference will not only be virtual but will be FREE this year (June 24-25). Click here to register.