The Afterschool Works! Campaign is a statewide effort to raise public awareness about the importance of afterschool and summer learning programs in keeping kids safe, helping working families, and inspiring learning. In order to get our message across in a unified way, MASN is creating Afterschool Works! materials for programs to use to tell their program’s story, but also to raise awareness and engagement in the field of afterschool in Missouri.
How can you participate in the campaign?
- Take the pledge and Be a Champion for Afterschool! online or by printing out a pledge card. You can also download the Youth Champion Activity and have your youth tell why they love their afterschool program!
- Use the Afterschool Works! Logo in program publications and announcements to help get the word out.
- Follow and Interact with the Missouri AfterSchool Network’s Facebook and Twitter pages, and use the #MOAfterschoolWorks hashtag to tag posts related to your program.
- Keep up-to-date on advocacy activities and alerts by following the MO Afterschool Advocate blog.
- Download the newsletter templates, brochures, and other resources to ensure that we’re using consistent messaging across the field in Missouri.