Afterschool Works! Contests
2019 Annual Afterschool Video Contest
Lights, camera, action! The Missouri AfterSchool Network (MASN) is pleased to announce its 6th annual Afterschool Video Contest, which gives youth and programs the opportunity to create, film, edit, and star in videos showcasing the importance and value of afterschool programs.
Theme: The overall theme of the video should be “Afterschool Works!”, “This is Afterschool”, or “I am… Afterschool”. Your video should creatively portray how “Afterschool Works” for youth and families, or “This is Afterschool” – highlighting how afterschool expands learning and growth beyond the school day. Our challenge to you is to depict these messages by creating a short video (:30 to 1:30 min in length) that highlights one of these themes, and showcases the amazing work being done in Missouri afterschool programs. Ideally, these videos will be suited for social media sharing.
Ideas for things to include might be (these are optional; not required):
- Highlighting how afterschool supports working families
- Highlighting ways that afterschool supports social emotional learning and growth
- Showcasing college and career readiness activities and academic support pieces
- Showing how summer learning programs help academics and enrichment
- Highlighting STEM activities in afterschool
Categories: This year we will have two categories: Youth videos and Program videos. For the youth videos category, videos must be planned, produced, and edited by youth in an afterschool program. For the program videos category, program leaders can take a more active role in planning, producing and editing the videos, and can even work with outside professionals to create the video.
Prizes: Youth videos will have two categories: Younger Youth (K-6) and Older Youth (7-12). One grand prize for Youth videos will be awarded at $500, while the runner-up in each age category will receive $250. Program videos will have one category, with the winner receiving $500 and the runner up receiving $250.
Congratulations 2018 Winners!
- 1st Place: Morgan County R-I
- 1st Place: Clayton Kid Zone
- 2nd Place (tied): Sunset Valley Kids Country
- 2nd Place (tied): Lee’s Summit Elementary Kids Country
- 1st Place: Kids Safari at Spring Branch Elementary (Independence School District, Independence, MO)
- 2nd Place: Clayton Kid Zone (Clayton, MO)
Visit our You Tube Channel to view winning videos from this year and year’s past!
- 1st Place: Twin Pike YMCA – Bowling Green
- 2nd Place: Martin City LINC 4th & 5th Grades
- 1st Place: Martin City LINC, Middle School
- 2nd Place: Camdenton Middle School PASS Program