ESSER Funds for Afterschool and Summer Enrichment
Learn more about planning afterschool and summer learning programs from these MASN webinars of 21st Century Community Learning Center grantees sharing their experiences:
ESSER funds for afterschool: Information & inspiration for school administrators
Across the state superintendents are deciding how they will use the ESSER III 20% set aside for COVID learning loss. Allowable expenses include comprehensive afterschool programs and summer enrichment programs. Missouri AfterSchool Network and DESE Extended Learning will present information and ideas for using the funding to meet the needs of your students and your district.
Recording of the webinar from Thursday, April 8 from 10-11 a.m.
Resources mentioned in session:
- PPT: Missouri School Admin ESSER webinar FINAL
- Link to district ESSER amounts
- Article: Afterschool-Programs-A-Review-of-Evidence-Under-the-Every-Student-Succeeds-Act
- DESE Extended Learning 21st CCLC information (informational for programmatic ideas – districts using local funds would not have to meet the federal reporting requirements)
Other resources on COVID relief funds, afterschool, and summer enrichment:
American Rescue Plan: How to Access Funds for Afterschool & Summer Learning Programs
Looking to make the case for afterschool & summer programs? Start here: 3to6.co/rescue
- FAQ – submitted questions we were unable to answer during the presentation
- Share with LEA & SEA officials: www.helpkidsrecover.org